Zhunan Snake Kiln Ecological Museum of Traditional Pottery
Open House on the 1st of every month (no reservation necessary). Cleaning Fee: NT$50 / person
Group reservations only, please call 3 days in advance.
- Tour of the Grounds + DIY activity - NT$450 / person, limited to 8-40 people
(DIY activities include one of the following: owl painting, mosaic tiling, or hand-building pottery)
- Tour of the Grounds + Taiwanese Chawan Tea Ceremony Experience - NT$450 / person, limited to 5-15 people
(Use a high temperature wood-fired chawan to savor a bowl of Taiwanese tea. A rendezvous with pure bliss)
Taiwanese Chawan Tea Ceremony Experience
NT$450 / person, limited to 5~15 people
A rendezvous with pure beauty. The Taiwanese chawan tea ceremony experience uses chawan from the high temperature wood-fired kilns of Zhunan Snake Kiln. You can feel the warmth of the hand-made chawan and the beauty of natural wood-firing. Using the chawan to savor tea, you can see the tea leaves in the bowl slowly unfurl with confidence and swim carefree in the tea. Hold the chawan in the palm of your hands, and let your mind soak in this state of pure bliss.Choose from Taiwan Mountain Oolong or Oriental Beauty. Includes specialty snacks
NT$450 / person, limited to 8~40 people
- Includes lesson and biscuit firing fees (The fired pieces will be as hard as bricks).
- Glaze coloring available at additional cost.
- Fired pieces can be picked up or sent by courier. Courier fee collected by the shipping company upon delivery.
99K on Provincial Highway 1
by the Zhunan Ci Hui Shrine
No.7, Dapuding, Neighborhood 7, Gongguan Village, Zhunan Township, Miaoli County, Taiwan
- Southbound National Highway No.1 off Toufen Interchange (Follow the signs for Yu Da University to the 99K mark on Provincial Highway 1).
- Southbound National Highway No. 3 off Zhunan Interchange at 119K Head east and turn right on Provincial Highway 1 and follow it to the 99K mark.
- Northbound National Highway No. 1 off Miaoli Interchange to Provincial Highway 72. Take the Zaoqiao exit, turn right at Provincial Highway 1 and follow it to the 99K mark.
- Northbound National Highway No. 3 off Dashan Interchange. Turn right toward Zaoqiao. Turn left onto Provincial Highway 1 northbound and follow it to the 99K mark.
- Zhunan Station, exit from the east wing. Take the bus or taxi. Roughly 10-minute ride.
- Tanwen Station on the Coast Line or Zaoqiao Station on the Mountains Line. Walk 15~20 minutes.
- Get off at Miaoli Station and take the taxi. Roughly 10-minute ride.